Exploring new markets...
"We're looking for an ambitious Export Manager with strong Asia experience"
Mark Hak LinkedIn
Sales & Marketing Director
"A pioneering role with clear perspective on a future career step"
What is your assignment?
Hakwood’s ambition: Exploring new markets!
Your assignment: In the challenging position of Export Manager at Hakwood you are responsible for the gradual and structured entrance of some major markets in Asia and the establishment of Hakwood as a key player in premium wooden project flooring. At first your focus will be on the Chinese market, which will be the base for further growth in the region. Your ability to contact the right partners in the market and to extend your network will be a major factor to boost Hakwood’s market position in Asia.
How do you achieve this?
The Export Manager at Hakwood is a pioneering role in which you will develop the organisation’s position in several key markets in Asia, focusing on China at first. Starting off with a thorough market analysis, helped by your experience in the international project and design market, you will develop a clear approach to position Hakwood’s portfolio through architects, designers, contractors and all other partners in the market that can bring Hakwood further. Especially China’s east coast generates lots of opportunities in premium projects for hotels, offices and residential buildings. In a later stage you will focus on exploring and setting up other markets in the region like Japan, India, Thailand and Indonesia.
In order to establish a structurally successful sales organization in Asia you need to be effective in building and maintaining a comprehensive network of local business relationships. It would be highly desirable when you bring existing connections within the Chinese market, but being able to build your network from scratch in other markets is essential. Your knowledge of people’s behaviour and a natural feel for complex commercial processes ensures you’ll be effective in getting your business partners on your side. This requires approaching your contacts with a fine balance between rationality and personal touch. In all this it is essential to act with a long term strategy in mind. This position requires frequent travelling (up to 35%) and you will report to the Sales & Marketing Director. Preferably you have developed your management skills in order to make a next career step after being successful in this role: taking over responsibility for Hakwood’s global sales organization.
What will you bring to the table?
- substantial international sales experience, preferably in Asian markets
- in-depth knowledge of the market for exclusive interior projects, architecture and design
- highly communicative, ‘down to earth’ style
- ability to build and sustain an extensive business network
- proven track record in successful implementing long term commercial strategies
- adaptive to people and cultures, self-reflective
- fluent in English and Dutch, knowledge of other languages appreciated
- willing to travel up to 35%
- bachelor or academic degree
What about the company?
Originally part of the Hak family enterprise, Hakwood has an extensive history and has grown into one of the world’s leading specialists in premium wooden flooring, with design and technology at the highest level. With an extensive range of innovative quality products and tailor made advice for even the most demanding projects and customers, Hakwood delivers the right solution time and again. In close cooperation with architects, designers and contractors worldwide, Hakwood takes on a wide variety of projects ranging from residential to large commercial projects in more than 40 countries. Key aspects for Hakwood’s products and services are innovation, reliability, focus on quality and developing client specific solutions.
What will you get in return?
- a challenging position with one of the global leaders in wooden flooring
- an international, pioneering and entrepreneurial role
- clear opportunities for personal development and growth
- broad, distinctive and innovative product portfolio
- excellent renumeration package
Are you interested?
Standplaats / rayon:Werkendam | International
Explanation recruitment process
- What is your assignment?
- How do you achieve this?
- What will you bring to the table?
- What about the company?
- What will you get in return?
- Are you interested?
- Explanation recruitment process
- Job alert