What is your assignment?
In this role, which is new to the organization, you will have a decisive role in sourcing and purchasing raw materials for the production of high intense sweeteners.
How do you achieve this?
In this role, which is new to the organization, you will have a decisive role in sourcing and purchasing raw materials for the production of high intense sweeteners. Suppliers for these products are mainly found in Asia. While negotiating your contracts, your main focus is oriented at total cost of ownership: price, quality, purity and supplier performance are key factors. You will create strategic alliances and you will keep suppliers sharp by using a ‘second sourcing’ strategy. Furthermore you will contribute to the further development of business intelligence within Hyet Sweet: you know what’s going on in the market, what the strengths (and weaknesses) of all major parties are and you are well informed about all the latest developments and trends in the market. This helps you in taking ‘make or buy’ decisions and living up to client expectations. This way you will actively support broadening Hyet Sweet’s portfolio and expanding its market position. A dynamic role like this demands for an entrepreneurial buyer, taking initiative, visiting suppliers and trade shows and building an information network. You will report directly to the CFO, you will work from the headquarters in Breda (NL) as well as the production site in Gravelines (F) and you will act as a sparring partner for management, sales and production.
What will you bring to the table?
- Energetic and dynamic personality, highly communicative
- Strong analytic and numeric skills (Bc / academic level); business acumen
- Proven track record in purchasing raw materials for food and beverage production industries
- Asia experience, fluent English, French, knowledge of Mandarin would be a benefit
- Knows how to handle complex processes and extensive contracts
- Self supporting, entrepreneurial, reflective, sense of humor
- Integrity, loyalty and involvement are obvious to you
- Willing to travel frequently (approx. 20%)
Where will you be doing this?
HYET Sweet is a steadily growing Dutch based supplier of high intense sweeteners, food ingredients and fine chemicals. With its headquarters in Breda (the Netherlands) and a production facility in Gravelines (northern France), HYET Sweet supplies products like Aspartame, Sucralose, Acesulfame K, Stevia and Polydextrose to medium and large customers in the international food and beverage industry. These food ingredients are used in beverages, dairy products, pharmaceuticals, nutritional & dietary products, processed fruit & vegetables, candy, etc. To guarantee the quality of the products and services provided, HYET Sweet has a highly skilled and professional team made up of food technologists, commercial, financial and logistics experts at its disposal. The aim is to be and continue to be, an efficient and reliable supplier in this niche market by constantly meeting the highest quality standards and sharing specialist technical know-how and experience with new and existing customers.
HYET Sweet aims to
- become the most efficient, reliable and favored supplier of sweeteners, foods ingredients and fine chemicals
- consistently provide an excellent standard of services and expand our know-how to serve clients
- continuously build up our business though repeat work and references
- be well trusted advisors working with integrity to achieve success for our clients
- be recognized as an ‘employer of choice’ in the industry
Overige vacatures van dit bedrijf
Your assignment: Getting HYET Sweet top of mind within the food industry on a global scale.HYET Sweet
What will you get in return?
What makes working for HYET Sweet interesting for you?
- Young, fresh and rapidly growing organisation with ambitious growth targets
- Short lines of communication, pragmatic and flexible
- Excellent and proven track record on quality, services, delivery performance and price
- Highly influential and responsible position, being part of a strong international network
- Excellent salary package, where results will be rewarded
What will be your products / services?
High Intensive Sweeteners
Stevia is a genus of about 240 species of herbs and shrubs in the sunflower family (Asteraceae), native to subtropical and tropical regions from western North America to South America. The species Stevia rebaudiana, commonly known as sweetleaf, sweet leaf, sugarleaf, or simply stevia, is widely grown for its sweet leaves. As a sweetener and sugar substitute, stevia's taste has a slower onset and longer duration than that of sugar, although some of its extracts may have a bitter orlicorice-like aftertaste at high concentrations.
Acesulfame K is 200 times sweeter than sucrose (table sugar), as sweet as aspartame, about 2/3 as sweet assaccharin, and 1/3 as sweet as sucralose. Like saccharin, it has a slightly bitter aftertaste, especially at high concentrations. Acesulfame K is often blended with other sweeteners (usually sucralose or aspartame). These blends are reputed to give a more sugar-like taste whereby each sweetener masks the other's aftertaste, and/or exhibits a synergistic effect by which the blend is sweeter than its components.
Unlike aspartame, acesulfame K is stable under heat, even under moderately acidic or basic conditions, allowing it to be used as a food additive in baking, or in products that require a long shelf life. Incarbonated drinks, it is almost always used in conjunction with another sweetener, such as aspartame or sucralose. It is also used as a sweetener in protein shakes and pharmaceutical products, especially chewable and liquid medications, where it can make the active ingredients more palatable.
ID-xylose, commonly called wood sugar, is a natural 5-carbon sugar(pentose) obtained from the xylan rich portion of hemicellulose from plant cell walls and fibre. It 's White crystal or powder, soluble in water.
Maltodextrin is high-quality starch as raw material, the amylase liquefaction and refined, concentrated, spray, and drying of white powder products.
Polydextrose is a soluble fibre with prebiotic properties, used as a low-calorie bulking agent. It has a low glycaemic response and only 1 kcal/gram.
Polydextrose is a water-soluble specialty carbohydrate which is manufactured from glucose. It is particularly valuable in the production of low calorie foods.
We offer a full range of services to our customers for their pharmaceutical formulations:
- Formulation support/advice through our scientific advisors
- Strong analytical team and constant regulatory support
Leveraging our expertise of 30 years, HYET Sweet is also a specialist for any sourcing of key chemical intermediates worldwide.
- We are able to find, propose and secure the supply of any molecule for the synthesis of active pharmaceutical ingredient.
We can provide all the technical information relevant for the product, ensuring full audits of suppliers and taking care of REACH registration
Are you interested?
Standplaats / rayon:headquarters in Breda (NL) / production site in Gravelines (F)
Are you ready to step up to this unique challenge?
If you are, please send us an up-to-date copy of your resume and motivation letter (X153). For more information about this vacant position, please contact Peter Paardekooper on +31 88 6070100 or visit http://www.hyetsweet.com/.
Explanation recruitment process
- What is your assignment?
- How do you achieve this?
- What will you bring to the table?
- Where will you be doing this?
- What will you get in return?
- What will be your products / services?
- Are you interested?
- Explanation recruitment process
- Job alert
Jouw opdracht: Het signaleren en inkopen van kwalitatief hoogwaardige en aantrekkelijk geprijsde gebruikte machines voor de procesindustrie.Anoniem UEBB171
Jouw opdracht: de inkoop van alle niet productie gerelateerde items (NPR) stroomlijnen en professionaliseren met maximaal rendement voor de organisatie.VSI